We would like to distance ourselves from what "claimed" to be HypnoBirthing as portrayed on the Channel 4 programme "one born every minute" first shown on 14th February 2011.
Although the couple claimed to be using the HypnoBirthing programme, as a Certified HypnoBirthing practitioner, I did not recognise the termonology and techniques used by this family.
The many HypnoBirths which I have been priviledged enough to witness have been calm and peaceful occasions; the women and their birthing companions have practised the relaxation techniques so that during labour there is no loss of control or sense of panic and their babies have made a gentle entrance into the world.
If you have seen this programme please do not let this form the basis of your vision of HypnoBirthing. Look at the stories on our website and feel free to contact me with any queries you may have. True HypnoBirthing is a wonderful way to bring new life into the world and I will be delighted to support you to acheive the natural, calm and peaceful birth that you dream of.
My dream is that every woman, everywhere, will know the joy of a truly safe, comfortable and satisfying birthing for herself and her baby.
Marie F. Mongan founder of HypnoBirthing ®
HypnoBirthing ® is a complete labour education program which combines information about the natural process of labour and birth with a range of self-relaxation, visualisation and breathing techniques.
It has been shown that HypnoBirthing® :
- Empowers parents with techniques to achieve a gentle and calm birth for themselves and their baby.
- Teaches you deep levels of relaxation to eliminate the fear that causes tension and, thus, pain during childbirth.
- Greatly reduces and often eliminates the need for chemical painkillers and drugs.
- Shortens the first phase of labour.
- Helps keep oxygen supplied to baby during birthing reducing the likelihood of the baby becoming distressed.
- Reduces the need for an episiotomy.
- Gives the birthing companion an integral role in the birthing.
The NHS study is testing the effectiveness of 'hypnobirthing' click here to go to the BBC for further information.
Prices start from only £190 per couple. Please contact us for further details.